If you are planning to go gorilla trekking in Africa (Uganda, Rwanda or Democratic Republic of Congo), you must as well consider some of the important factors. You already have plans and you almost paid for the gorilla trip, transportation, accommodation and the permits. So the next thing you must consider is to pack things that you really need while having a gorilla trekking safari. It is of great importance that you must pack only those important things that you will definitely need while in the journey. Gorilla trekking packing list is just one of the most essential factors to be considered once planning to go for gorilla trekking in Rwanda or Uganda.
And to provide you some tips, here are the lists of some of the most important items that you have to pack once you are into gorilla trekking:
- Hiking Boots – trekking or hiking in order to search for gorillas might offer some unforeseen circumstances and because the nature of the forest as well as its altitude, you are required to bring hiking boots in light weight intended for trekking activities.
- Garden Gloves – you need to bring these in order to protect your hands from gorilla trek. Since you are to move in the forest, ways could be slippery so there is a need that you are to hold on some of trees, plants or those climbing trees. If you are to use these you are as well as protected from germs and other items that might scratch both your hands.
- Rain Jacket – since forests at these areas are rain forests, rain can be received the entire year so you are not aware when it will rain so there is a need of this item. But there are many visitors who are into traveling on drier months so they are to avoid rainy seasons.
- Long Sleeved Shirts and Trousers – these are required once you are to go to gorilla trekking. Make sure to tack in the trousers into the hiking boots in order to avoid insects to enter the trousers such as safari ants. Great options could be Kachi and Jeans trousers.
- Energy Giving Snacks – gorilla trekking might take longer time for you to spend in the forest that can be tiring so you need to have snacks with you. Adequate amount of foods are required and enough water as well.
- Cameras and Batteries – taking pictures is considered to be an important component once into mountain gorilla trekking for you can capture unforgettable moments with gorillas. You must carry extra batteries in order not to run out with charge for it will be for sure that you are to take many pictures. Camera’s flash must be off while taking pictures of gorillas.
- Hat and sun Glasses – these can be optional for if it is hot sunglasses and hat are required in order to avoid from strong rays of sun. Binoculars can as well be needed.
- Other things must as well be included in your pack such as flashlight, insect repellent and first aid kit.